Sunday, February 20, 2011

Seashell Matching Game

We have a big container of shells collected from near our home and all sorts of other places that the girls love to play with. They become seats for fairies, boats in the bath and make cool prints in playdough. Yesterday we turned some of the flatter shells into a matching game using some small sea animal pictures and blutac - lots of fun! Both girls loved discovering the little animals underneath each shell and Bubble spent ages finding the pairs over and over again.

WE USED:

* flat clean seashells
* small pictures of sea animals
* blutac


The game was very simple to make - I cut out the sea animal pictures and we used blutac to attach them to the underside of each shell.


Then we spread them across the table with the pictures facing downwards.



Other seashell matching games found on the net:
Crayola Seashell Matching Printable -
print matching shells if you don't have any real ones and back with cardboard and a sea animal picture.
Pretty Handy Girl -
same idea but using stickers - even easier!
Seashell Game For Kids -
same idea again but using letters and numbers.

“Come over to play at the Childhood 101 We Play link up”

We Play




5 comments:

  1. I love this idea!! Thanks so much for sharing! I saved it to use for future use! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic activities I especially like this one! I will keep an eye out for some shells. I wold love to invite you to share your ideas over at our education play blog hop which is every monday. Here is the link for this weeks http://t.co/LlOydsy
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea! I've included it on my weekly favorites: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/02/weekly-favorites-for-february-27-2011.html Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its so simple, am sure kids will love to play game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea. The children will have fun along with a challenge. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete