Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blueberry Loaf

Ok, so this recipe is actually for muffins, but I made it into a loaf (because my muffin tin died and I havent got another one yet) and it was really nice! So this is really a recipe for Blueberry Loaf/Cake/Muffins. Although, since you can use anything you want - not just blueberries - it's really a Miscellaneous Loaf/Cake/Muffin recipe. But, you know, I don't want to get all technical or anything :-)
This is a recipe my Mum gave me for a 'One Bowl Muffin Mix' and you can just add in whatever you have; in our case one and a half punnets of blueberries that weren't going to look too great tomorrow and had to be used.

One Bowl Muffin Mix:

3 cups self raising flour
1 cup caster sugar (white sugar)
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup milk
90g melted butter
Whatever you want to add (banana, berries, toppings, chocolate chips etc...)

Preheat oven to 180'c.
Sift Flour into a large bowl, add sugar, combine and make a well in the centre.
Add eggs, milk and butter and mix until just combined.
Add your 'whatever' to the mix. Stir to combine but don't overstir.

For muffins bake for 15-20 minutes, for cakes and loaves Im not sure sorry - I just kept checking on it until it looked yummy :-D

1 comment:

  1. Those muffins sound delicious!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe:) Yummy!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete