Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

I saw the idea for making a felt play set to go with the Eric Carle book The Very Hungry Caterpillar somewhere on the net and am very sorry I didnt bookmark it, if anyone can link to the original idea I'd be much appreciated! I thought it was a beautiful idea and a great addition to a story that is one of Bubble and Squeak's very firm favourites, so decided to make them a set of their own. I adapted the original design because I wanted the butterflies wings to move and a bit more space in the chrysalis so that the girls could fit their hands right inside. They absolutely love playing with the set whenever I read them the book and also just as a general play thing, and I love that it is teaching them the life cycle of the caterpillar in such a visual hands on way.

A felt play set to go with the Eric Carle classic - a caterpillar, a butterfly and chrysalis.

The chrysalis with the butterfly inside.

Bubble using the caterpillar to eat through the food in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment