Sunday, September 26, 2010

Owl Mobile

It's only taken me a little over 6 months, but I finally finished the owl mobile project for Squeak's room. I've had the bits all cut out ready to be sewn together for ages but ran out of mojo and it's been sitting idle ever since. I've been feeling a bit guilty about it because I finished Bubble's mobile a long time ago and both girls love to lay on her bed watching it, so I've been searching for the motivation to get it done. It's wondeful to finally have it finished and most importantly - Squeak loves it :-)
The owl shapes are just Photoshop brushes which I sized and printed as templates, and I put a small sealed bag of rice inside each one before they were stuffed, just to weight them slightly. The owls are double sided and each side has a different expression (and by expression I mean their eyes are pointing in different directions hehe :-D).

No comments:

Post a Comment