Saturday, March 27, 2010

Felt butterfly mask

I saw this idea for felt butterfly masks on one of my favourite Blogs, Childhood 101, and wanted to try making one for Bubble and Squeak's dress up box. I modified the design when it came to the headstrap though because Im not an awesome sewer in the slightest and it looked tricky to me, but I found a headband worked well. I used a wide fabric one so it would be comfortable and just cut it so I could attach either end to the sides of the mask. I didnt use sequins or anything because Squeak is still so small, but I may add some in a year or two when she is older because they do look so pretty!



2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and the headband is such a clever idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Christie, I thought it was the most wonderful idea when I saw it on Childhood101, you come up with some inspiring ideas and activities!

    ReplyDelete