Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Banana bread

Banana bread is a morning tea favourite in our house, Bubble likes to help make it and both girls love to devour it hehe. I must admit, I partake in both of these things quite enthusiastically also!

I use a recipe my Mum gave me that always turns out perfect:

1 and 3/4 cup SR flour
1 tsp bi carb soda
125 g butter
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 ripe bananas
1 egg
2 tsp milk

* Sift flour and bicarb soda together in a mixing bowl,
combine and create a 'well' in the centre.
* Melt butter and sugar together in a saucepan,
and then add the remaining ingredients. Combine.
* Add to flour mix and combine well.
* Cook for 40 minutes (not sure what temperature sorry,
I didnt write that down! I usually bake at about 150'c I think).


No comments:

Post a Comment